How has your week of homeschooling been going?Can you believe that fall is almost here? I’m so excited! Our summer has been too long and too hot for my tastes. This week was a bit of a flop, homeschooling-wise, as both Noctis and I have come down with a cold. Sola has not caught the cold thus far.
If you missed my first week’s post about our kindergarten lesson plans, the books needed to complete our year of lesson plans are listed at the bottom of this post. I will continue to post these lesson plans on Thursdays of the week before they are meant to be used, so that you can be sure you have all the supplies you need to do these with us, if you’d like.
Lesson Plan for Week of September 15
- Nursery Rhyme – Sing a Song of Sixpence
A pocket full of rye.
Four and twenty blackbirds
Baked in a pie.
When the pie was opened,
The birds began to Sing.
Now wasn’t that a dainty dish to set before the king?
The King was in his counting house
County his money,
The Queen was in her parlor
Eating bread and honey,
The maid was in the garden
Hanging out the clothes,
When down came a blackbird
And pecked off her nose!
- Seasonal Poem – Autumn: A Collection of Poems, Songs, and Stories – Here’s a little apple tree… (page 44)
- Seasonal Song – The Singing Year – My Nice Rosy Red Apple (page 68)
- Seasonal Story – Tell Me a Story – The Big Red Apple (page 64)
- Drawing – draw a picture from week’s story
- Painting – use week’s seasonal poem for inspiration
- Modeling (ideally use modeling wax, but play dough, clay, etc.is fine also) – make a blackbird
- Seasonal activity –
- Set up autumn seasonal table
- Set out autumn book basket
|Storytelling Props for My Nice Rosy Red Apple|
Did you find these lesson plans to be useful?If so, please leave a comment below to let me know how things went. I’d also love to see some photos of things you’ve made or read posts about your week.
Disclosure:Some item links in this post are affiliate links. I will make a small amount of money if you click on them and make a purchase. All opinions expressed, however, are 100% my own.